High End ShowPix
SHOWPIX™, a combination high power LED wash light and programmable high intensity graphic image-displaying fixture, represents the first in HES’ new product line of Pixelation Luminaires™.
SHOWPIX is another “radical rethinking” lighting product concept by acclaimed inventor and HES Chief Technology Officer Richard Belliveau and his research and development team.
SHOWPIX is more than just an LED wash light on a moving yoke. Its 18-inch diameter head features a circular array of 127 homogenous 3-watt LEDs with an output of 24,000 RGB lumens. These pixels offer unlimited visual possibilities by projecting not just washes of color, but also displaying images and other eye-catching effects that transform the fixture head into a display device.
SHOWPIX is equipped with 411 stock content animations and patterns for lighting design. Users can easily upload their own files and images through the new HES Echo™ application, a software program offering content visualization, management and upload capabilities as well as RDM management features. Instantaneous conversion of many file formats automatically optimizes or “supercharges” the images and maps the files to the 127 LED pixels of SHOWPIX. The user can see this mapping displayed on their computer prior to uploading to the SHOWPIX.
SHOWPIX is controlled using a standard DMX lighting console. Many of SHOWPIX’s features allow for user creativity, including color mixing, rotation, scale, wipes, dissolves, transitions between layers, strobing and dimming. In addition, content can be mapped across numerous SHOWPIX fixtures to allow for full stage imagery using a software process called Pixellage™.* Another new feature, DMX Scratch™, allows a user to synchronize the frames of a media file to music during a show in real time. A user-selectable pixel mapping protocol also allows the user to have individual control of each of the 127 LEDs for some creative programming effects.
In addition to creative benefits, SHOWPIX offers economic benefits. Because there are no lamps to replace, this also means there are no associated labor costs involved. There are also lower maintenance costs because of the fixture’s limited moving parts. This reduces the total cost of ownership as compared to traditional light fixtures.
- MM: 594 x 522 x 840
- Inches: 23.4 x 20.6 x 33
- Weight: 49 kg (108 lbs)
Packed in Roadcase Dimensions:
- MM: 711 x 648 x 1054
- Inches: 28 x 25.5 x 41.5
- Weight: 104.3 kg (230 lbs)
- The SHOWPIX fixture can be truss-mounted using 1/4 camlock c-clamps or style pole mounting brackets. It can also stand upright on a stable surface.
Electrical/Light Source Specifications:
- Input ratings: 100-230 VAC; 50-60 Hz; 12-5A
- LED Array: 127 3-watt RGB LEDs with homogenizing system
- Output: 24,000 RGB lumens*
- Beam angle: 45°
- Field angle: 80°
- Color mixing: RGB * RGB lumens are calculated by comparing the combined energy levels of SHOWPIX WRGBCMY to a theatrical metal halide color changing fixture and creating a factor.
- Pan: 400°
- Tilt: 240°
- Control: DMX 512
- Minimum distance from lighted object: 1 meter (3.9 ft.)
- Compliances: CE, CSA, ETL
- Peripheral/Network Connectors: One USB port for uploading to fixture using Echo software via a USB upload module or a Wholehog single USB DMX widget
- DMX connectors: 5-pin male and female XLR connectors
- Environmental tolerances: Maximum ambient operating temperature 50° C (122° F); maximum exterior surface temperature 70° C (158° F)
- Software upgrades: Download operating software and Echo software from the High End Systems website (www.highend.com)